Competitions are only open to current DGHP customers.
Closing dates for the competitions are as stated. No cash alternative. The prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or damaged in the post. Entries are by mail only, unless otherwise stated. By entering the competitions you agree to be bound by its terms. Entry is free. The judges’ decision is final. Only one entry per household. The name of the winners may be included in the next edition of the newsletter.
Winners may be asked to take part in publicity resulting from competitions. Winners will be drawn at random from the correct entries after the closing date. Details will not be used for any other purpose and will not be passed on to any third parties.
Competitions are not open to DGHP employees. We make every effort to verify all the information we publish but the prizes may change. DGHP cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any losses that may arise as a result.
The winners will be drawn at random from the correct entries after the closing date. Where a competition asks for a personal view, the winner will be drawn at random from the best entries as selected by the editor.
Kid’s Back to School Drawing Competition
If you’d like to enter the DGHP pumpkin carving competition, we recommend you read the following terms and conditions.
1. The promoter is Wheatley Group.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
3. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to enter
The closing date for entries is 5.00 pm (BST) on Monday, 1 November 2021. Late, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Please send artwork to the Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP) Facebook page by private message or using the following details:
- E-mail a photo to email@example.com or
- Send a photo via WhatsApp to 07826 568 300.
Please include the following details:
- Your name and a valid email address.
- A few words telling us the story behind the carving – including but not restricted to what has been drawn or what inspired the drawing.
- The name you are happy to be made public if you are picked as a winner. First names will be used only.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. For information on how we do this, see our privacy notice.
Entries will be shortlisted, and winners chosen by representatives at DGHP.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to Wheatley tenants only. One entry per household.
- Competitions are not open to DGHP employees
- Submissions must be provided to DGHP by an adult over the age of 18.
- Entries will be collected across DGHP and entry methods with one winner selected from each area (Nithsdale, Annandale and Eskdale, Stewartry and Wigtownshire).
Judging, notification and prizes
All valid entries made before the competition closing date will be judged as follows:
- Shortlisted photos of artwork will be selected by DGHP representatives.
- Winners will be notified by direct message within 7 working days of the competition closing date.
- Winners must confirm acceptance of their prize within 7 days of being notified by DGHP and must provide a postal address for the vouchers to be sent to.
- If DGHP does not receive confirmation of prize acceptance within 7 days, it reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and select another prize-winner.
- The prizes are as stated for each category and are not transferable. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and DGHP reserves the right to substitute any prize with a reasonable alternative without giving notice.
- The promoter’s decision in the respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced on the DGHP Facebook page the week commencing 8 November 2021.
The prizes are:
- One £25 Tesco voucher per area (Nithsdale, Annandale and Eskdale, Stewartry and Wigtownshire).
Rights and ownership
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, and entrants must have full copyright for any images they submit.
- Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
Data Protection and Privacy
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.