Competitions are only open to current DGHP customers.
Closing dates for the competitions are as stated. No cash alternative. The prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or damaged in the post. Entries are by mail only, unless otherwise stated. By entering the competitions you agree to be bound by its terms. Entry is free. The judges’ decision is final. Only one entry per household. The name of the winners may be included in the next edition of the newsletter.
Winners may be asked to take part in publicity resulting from competitions. Winners will be drawn at random from the correct entries after the closing date. Details will not be used for any other purpose and will not be passed on to any third parties.
Competitions are not open to DGHP employees. We make every effort to verify all the information we publish but the prizes may change. DGHP cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any losses that may arise as a result.
The winners will be drawn at random from the correct entries after the closing date. Where a competition asks for a personal view, the winner will be drawn at random from the best entries as selected by the editor.
DGHP Garden Competition
Do you have the best-looking garden, veggie patch or flowerpot on your street?
We love keeping communities looking neat and tidy - and we know tenants and homeowners do as well.
You could win a voucher worth £25 if your garden, veggie patch or flowerpots are the talk of the street and impress our judges.
There are four categories to enter – or choose more than one:
- Large Garden
- Small Garden
- Fruit and Veg
- Email a photo to email@example.com
- Send a photo via WhatsApp to 07711194413
- Contact the Community Engagement team on 07711194413 and request a visit to view your garden.
You have until 5pm on Friday 30 July to enter.
One lucky winner will be selected from each category in each region (Annandale & Eskdale, Nithsdale, the Stewartry and Wigtownshire).
For more information, please contact our Community Engagement Team on 0800 011 3447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
If you’d like to enter the photography competition, we recommend you read the following terms and conditions.
- the promoter is Wheatley Group;
- there is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition;
- all information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions; and
- by entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to enter
The closing date for entries is 11.59 am (BST) on Monday, 2 August 2021. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Please send images to the Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership Facebook page by private message, including the following details:
- your name, age and a valid email address;
- an image;
- a few words telling us the story behind the photo- including but not restricted to what has been captured, what inspired the photo and why you chose this image; and
- the name you are happy to be made public if you are picked as a winner. First names will be used only.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. For information on how we do this, see our privacy notices.
Entries will be shortlisted by representatives at DGHP. Ten shortlisted entries will be posted on DGHP's Facebook on Monday 2 August, and the image with the most likes by 6 August will win.
Terms and Conditions
- the competition is open to DGHP tenants only. One entry per household;
- competitions are not open to DGHP employees; and
- The competition is open to all ages, however entrants under 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. Entrants under 18 must supply their name, age and a valid email address for their parent or legal guardian.; and
- entries must not include identifiable individuals or children; and
- entries should not feature anything offensive, abusive or deemed inappropriate by the shortlisting panel; and
- participants warrant that no animals depicted in their entries were harmed in the taking of the photographs; and
- entries should not exceed file size of 10mb, and should be submitted in png or jpeg format; and
- entries should be submitted via private message to our Facebook page.
Judging, notification and prizes
All valid entries made before the competition closing date will be judged as follows:
- shortlisted photos will be selected by DGHP representatives;
- the shortlisted photos will be scored by staff on the basis of a) originality and creativity b) execution;
- ten shortlisted images will be uploaded to our Facebook page by 3 August;
- winners will be selected based on the number of likes their image has received by Friday 6 August;
- winners will be notified by direct message within seven working days of the competition closing date;
- winners must confirm acceptance of their prize within seven days of being notified by DGHP and must provide a postal address for the vouchers to be sent to;
- if DGHP does not receive confirmation of prize acceptance within seven days it reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and select another prize winner;
- the prizes are as stated for each category and are not transferable. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and DGHP reserves the right to substitute any prize with a reasonable alternative without giving notice;
- the promoter’s decision in the respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into;
- the winners will be announced on the DGHP Facebook page on Monday 9 August; and
- the prizes are £20 shopping vouchers.
Rights and ownership
- all images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, and entrants must have full copyright for any images they submit; and
- entrants retain the copyright to images submitted; and
- DGHP may use images to promote the competition on its social media channels.
Data Protection and Privacy
- the promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any event outside of the promoter’s control; and
- any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter