DGHP has four District Management Committees (DMCs) covering the regions of Annandale and Eskdale, Nithsdale, Stewartry and Wigtown.
Who the DMCs?
Our DMCs provide opportunities to participate in decision-making about the overall management of DGHP as well as the delivery of services and investment at the local level.
One of the main roles of the DMCs is the assessment of DGHP’s performance and how we engage with tenants and other customers by:
- focusing on tenant satisfaction levels;
- ensuring that all the work is being done
- focusing on outcomes of estate visits and the completion of any action plans;
- providing feedback into service improvement (changes) for the following year.
They also host an event in each DMC area annually to embrace diversity and they link with a chosen community group which is under-represented – parent and toddler groups, older people in our communities, minority communities, people with disabilities, Adult Resource Centres, and people from multicultural backgrounds.
Each DMC meets in their area on a quarterly basis. Each committee must have a minimum of 7 members and maximum of 11 to form the group. Part of DGHP’s governance structure, they are accountable to the Board of Management.
The DMCs are involved in many initiatives involving local communities. They provide feedback and support DGHP’s Board through proposed policy changes which may impact directly on service delivery.
Our DMCs have recently been part of:
- monitoring DGHP’s ground maintenance contract by submitting feedback on grass cutting, weed control and shrub maintenance local to them
- an educational visit to another housing association providing feedback to DGHP about anything from services to communication to activities
- the annual Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) Scotland conference to increase their knowledge on housing issues
- specific training as required to carry out role and remit e.g. iPad training
DGHP aims to make participating in the DMCs as easy as possible. Travel expenses are covered or transportation is provided to DMC members to attend meetings and activities. Catering is provided at all meetings and training sessions and crèche facilities can also be arranged.
The four chairs of the DMCs are:
- Annadale and Eskdale – Diane Currie, who lives in Annan;
- Nithsdale – John McCraw, who is from Dumfries;
- Stewartry and Wigtown are currently working as a joint committee – Bill Marshall from Newton Stewart, represents Wigtown as the Chair
If you are interested in joining a DMC, call 0800 011 3447 to speak to our Governance team.