How to apply
Any vacancies for properties that become available would be advertised by Novantie in the local press. There is no waiting list for mid-market rent properties. To be considered for this type of property, you need to complete a relevant application, which would be available from any of our open offices or by contacting us direct.
Your application will only be held for the duration of the vacancy to which you applied for and as such, any further vacant properties you are interested in, you must apply again.
To be eligible for a mid-market property, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The tenant or one joint tenant is in employment; and
- The household size is appropriate to the number of bedrooms in the available property; and
- The property must be occupied as the household’s principle home.
As well as the eligibility criteria for a Mid-Market property priority will be given to applicants that are:
- On Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership’s general waiting list or transfer list; and
- On a low or modest income, based on figures in the local authority’s LHS/Affordable housing policy (£17,000 – £25,000 in Dumfries & Galloway).
Any application that does not meet the eligibility criteria for mid-market rent will be discarded.
Priority will then be given to applicants that meet the eligibility criteria & the priority criteria. At this stage we will allocate the properties to applicants that have met both criteria on a first come first served basis.
After the above step, if there are still properties available, these will be allocated to anyone that has met the eligibility criteria only, on a first come first served basis.
Click here to view our available properties.
Click here to apply for a property.