What do we mean by ‘Excellent Customer Service’?
Excellent customer service means providing services that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations. We will do this by:
- Listening to what you tell us to deliver appropriate services
- Being efficient, reliable and professional
- Getting it right first time and delivering our promises
- Taking responsibility for resolving problems when they arise
- Being responsive and prompt in our communications
- Having staff with the knowledge to do the job
- Providing a personalised service to meet each customer’s needs
- Striving constantly to improve what we do.
In order to achieve this level of service every member of DGHP’s staff must know and understand our service delivery principles:
- Everyone is a customer
- All customers are important and must be kept informed
- If we can’t help, we will find someone who can
- We welcome comments and complaints
- The customer may not always be right, but we must always be polite and courteous
- When we get it wrong, apologise and put it right
- Treat every customer as you would like to be treated
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep but make sure you deliver the ones you do make
- Always do our best for the customer
- To every customer, the member of staff is DGHP.
What if we don’t deliver?
If at any time you feel that DGHP is not delivering these commitments tell us! To do so:
- Call the Customer Service Centre on 0800 011 3447 (freephone)
- Visit one of our local offices in Dumfries, Stranraer or Annan
- Write to the Customer Resolutions Officer at Grierson House, The Crichton, Dumfries DG1 4ZS
- Email us at email@example.com
We aim to put things right first time, all of the time. Therefore if you tell us that we have not delivered these commitments we will aim to put the matter right straight away.
- For example: A member of DGHP staff had arranged to visit you at a specific date and time and failed to turn up. We would apologise for this failure in service delivery and offer an alternative appointment as soon as possible.
If the matter is still not resolved to your satisfaction we have a new and improved complaints policy that allows customers to pursue the matter further. Further information on our Complaints Policy is available from the Customer Service Centre, local offices or our Corporate Business Unit.