We offer other options for people who don't have priority for social housing.
Mid-market rent is a scheme to help working households on low and modest income access high quality affordable rented accommodation. These homes offer high quality, secure and accessible living that is sustainable, energy efficient and easily maintained and are located throughout Dumfries and Galloway.
Do I qualify?
Mid-market rent homes, provided by Novantie Ltd, offer alternative affordable housing for customers who work and who earn between £17,000 and £27,000.
These customers have no priority for social housing, but cannot afford to buy their own home or pay full-market rents.
You must be employed or have an offer of employment and meet all of the qualifying criteria.
How do I qualify for mid-market rent?
Applicants for an MMR property should meet ALL our qualifying criteria, these are:
- The applicant(s) gross annual household income should be between £17,000 and £27,000, unless stated otherwise in a property advert because:
- different income criteria are specified by the local authority, or
- due to the property type a lower rent is charged and therefore a lower income threshold would be appropriate.
- The property must be occupied as the household’s principle home
- The applicant(s) should be able to afford to take up and sustain the tenancy.
I meet the criteria, what do I do now?
Any vacancies are advertised on our website and are dealt with on a first come first served basis. If you see a property which you think you might be eligible for, you should complete and submit an application form.
Available Mid-Market Homes
- Novantie’s landlord registration number: 298445\170\28341
- Letting Agent Registration number: LARN1907006.
Rent incentives are available – please get in touch for further detail.
- New build property with gas central heating
- Large, bright and airy living room
- Modern kitchen with fitted units, space for electric/gas cooker and ample space for kitchen table/chairs
- Connections for TV/satellite dish (located in kitchen)
- Bright, modern bathroom with thermostatic shower and modern ventilation system
- Bedrooms – double (front) & single
- Ample storage
- Shared garden to rear
- Private car park to front
- EPC: Band B
- Rent: £435.20 per calendar month plus deposit of £435.20.