Please know we will do all we can to support you and your family through these extraordinary times.
Thanks for your patience as we continue to operate a restricted range of services, in line with government guidance.
Although many staff are still working from home, we are here to help you.
As restrictions begin to be eased, we’ll re-introduce services in phases, ensuring the safety of customers and staff remains the top priority.
We are now carrying out essential repairs and grass cutting services. Visit our repairs pages to find out more about what we are now able to carry out.
You can also read our update to your services newsletter sent out to tenants.
Our housing offices remain closed and our housing staff are working from home.
We have new working arrangements in place to meet the current government guidelines. These include:
- fully equipped staff to work from home and although home visits are suspended, your housing officer will remain in contact with you by telephone, email and text;
- essential repairs only now being delivered;
- all appointments with welfare benefits and fuel advisors are being fulfilled by phone;
- prioritising the work of environmental teams to focus on essential services, such as bulk uplifts in blocks and communal areas to minimise fire risk;
- local Rapid Response teams handling priority requests
- continuing to signpost customers that are having difficulty accessing food to local partner organisations that may be able to help and in addition we are also developing some ways we can use our resources to aid in that area.
We are also urging all tenants to let us know if, through being ill or self-isolating, they may find it difficult to pay their rent. If you’re worried about paying your rent, Talk to Us. The sooner you get in touch, the quicker we can help you.
Please remember, you can contact us through our website and by email and phone. Now is the time, if you haven’t done so already, to look at registering for our online portal – you can register free for this at www.dghp.org.uk – you can check your rent account and contact us via the website.
If you wanted to set up a Direct Debit, however, you should contact the Customer Service Centre on Freephone 0800 011 3447.
Finally, please be assured we are here for you and we will do everything we can to support you and your family through these difficult times.
If you have any questions about how Coronavirus is impacting our services then click on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Keep up to date with the latest Coronavirus updates, health advice and government information at: