Please know we will do all we can to support you and your family through these extraordinary times.
However, it is important to understand we will be providing a restricted range of services following the latest government guidance on tackling the Coronavirus crisis.
Our number-one priority will continue to be ensuring all customers and their families remain safe and secure in their homes, whilst safeguarding the welfare and well-being of our staff.
As a result, our housing offices are now closed and our housing staff are working from home.
These new working arrangements are focused on providing essential services and in putting them in place, we have:
- fully equipped staff to work from home and although home visits are suspended, your housing officer will remain in contact with you by telephone, email and text;
- restricted repairs and maintenance to emergency and essential services only;
- urged all tenants to let us know if, through being ill or self-isolating, they will find it difficult to pay their rent;
- ensured all appointments with welfare benefits and fuel advisors are fulfilled by phone;
- prioritised the work of environmental teams to focus on essential services, such as bulk uplifts in blocks and communal areas to minimise fire risk;
- created local Rapid Response teams to handle priority requests;
- and continuing to signpost customers that are having difficulty accessing food to local partner organisations that may be able to help and in addition we are also developing some ways we can use our resources to aid in that area.
Please remember, you can contact us through our website and by email and phone. Now is the time, if you haven’t done so already, to look at registering for our online portal – you can register free for this at www.dghp.org.uk – you can check your rent account and contact us via the website.
If you wanted to set up a Direct Debit, however, you should contact the Customer Service Centre on Freephone 0800 011 3447.
Our message to all customers is if you’re worried about paying your rent, get in touch. The sooner you contact us, the quicker we can help you.
Finally, please be assured we are here for you and we will do everything we can to support you and your family through these difficult times.