Investment and Regeneration
The Investment and Regeneration team deal with all the major investment projects on DGHP’s existing homes and also building all the new homes across the region.
The Scottish Housing Quality Standards (SHQS) outlines a national minimum quality standard that our homes must meet. It consists of a set of five broad housing criteria – each property must be:
- compliant with the Tolerable Standard
- free from serious disrepair
- energy efficient
- fitted with modern facilities and services
- healthy, safe & secure.
The deadline for this was April 2015 met through investment programmes in our kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, heating systems and more. Once completed, SHQS standards must be maintained which DGHP does through ongoing investment.
We are also obliged to meet the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing (EESSH) standards – this target is based on minimum energy efficiency ratings which would be found on Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs); the deadline for meeting EESSH is 2020.
We have several large projects on site:
- Energy Efficiency & Heating Replacement value £12.5 million over 4 years – now over half way through the programme
- Adaptations & Legacy Kitchens & Bathrooms value approximately £5 million over 4 years – now halfway through
- Window Replacement value £8.7 million over 2 years – just started
- Render & Roofing value almost £8 million over 2 years
Going forward we are making progress toward procuring:
- Structural Repairs
- Door Entry Systems – new project
- Roofing Replacement
- Energy Efficiency work