What is mid-market rent?
Mid-market rent is a scheme to help working households on low and modest income access high quality affordable rented accommodation. These homes offer high quality, secure and accessible living that is sustainable, energy efficient and easily maintained.
Do I qualify?
Mid-market rent, provided by Novantie Ltd, mainly aims to help people who may have difficulty accessing social rented housing, buying their own home, or affording private sector rents. To qualify you must be employed or have an offer of employment and meet all of the qualifying criteria:
- The applicant(s) gross annual household income should be between £17,000 and £27,000, unless stated otherwise in a property advert because:
- different income criteria are specified by the local authority, or
- due to the property type, a lower rent is charged and therefore a lower income threshold would be appropriate.
- The property must be occupied as the household’s principle home.
- The applicant(s) should be able to afford to take up and sustain the tenancy.
I meet the criteria, what do I do now?
Any vacancies are advertised on our website and are dealt with on a first come first served basis. If you see a property which you think you might be eligible for, you should complete and submit an application form.
Please note we do not hold a waiting list for mid-market rent properties.
Available Mid-Market Rent Properties
21C Townhead Street, Lockerbie
About the area
This two bedroom apartment is located in Lockerbie, a thriving market town which lies on both the national road and rail networks, making it ideally situated for access to the rest of the country. Lockerbie has highly regarded schooling to both primary and secondary level in a new combined school. The surrounding countryside offers a varied choice for those seeking country pursuits such as fishing, walking and horse riding, whilst the town itself has an 18-hole golf course, bowling green, ice rink and squash court.
The town also offers the usual range of shopping facilities, whilst the country town of Dumfries (some 25 minutes away by road) has one cinema, a Leisure Centre and a wide range of stores and specialist shops. Carlisle is a 25-minute drive to the south.
- New build property with gas central heating
- Large, bright and airy living room
- Modern kitchen with fitted units, space for electric/gas cooker and ample space for kitchen table/chairs
- Connections for TV/satellite dish (located in kitchen)
- Bright, modern bathroom with thermostatic shower and modern ventilation system
- Bedrooms – double (front) & single
- Ample storage
- Shared garden to rear
- Private car park to front
The EPC rating for the property is Band B.
Rent for the property is £435.20 per calendar month, plus a deposit of £435.20. Rent incentives are available – please get in touch for further detail.
Novantie’s landlord registration number is 298445\170\28341.
Letting Agent Registration number is LARN1907006.