DGHP is helping tenants stay warm and safe during the winter.
Make sure you – and your home – are ready for winter. Having your home 'winter ready' is important to make sure your home is in good condition, to reduce the risk of burst pipes and cut fuel bills too.
Find out more WinterReady advice and tips below.
Tips to beat the chill
Follow our simple advice to help you stay safe and warm during the cold weather
- If you’re not going to be at home for a period of time, set your heating to come on for a couple of hours a day and leave a key with a friend or neighbour
- Have regular hot drinks and at least one hot meal a day
- Wear several light layers of warm clothes to keep the heat in
- Keep active and wrap up warm if you go outside, draw your curtains at dusk and keep doors closed to block out draughts
- Keep your living room at around 18-21°C (64-70°F) to keep warm and cosy.
Frozen or burst pipes
If you do have frozen or burst pipes, turn off your close or house mains water supply, if you can. Then tell your neighbours the water supply has been turned off.
Call us on 0800 011 3447.
Don’t pay too much for your electricity and gas. Our fuel advisors help tenants of all ages find the lowest energy rates. Advisors can also arrange low-cost repayments if you have fallen behind with payments – or, in some cases, get debts written off.
Request a visit from a fuel advisor using our online form, using your My Account, by speaking to your housing officer or by calling us on 0800 011 3447.
Don't have an account yet? Sign up for My Account. It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes.