How to book a repair
We’re now able to resume a full repairs service, except in some limited circumstances where it’s unsafe for tradespeople to work in a customer’s home.
To read the latest on repairs and our other services, please go to Here for You in Difficult Times.
If you need a repair, please call us on 0800 011 3447. We’re here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will continue to carry out gas checks as normal.
How to report your repair
If your home needs to be repaired you should report the repair to the Customer Service Centre on 0800 011 3447. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – this address is only manned Monday to Friday, 8am - 7pm.
If you need an emergency repair and it is after 7pm or at the weekend you should telephone the emergency repair service on the same Customer Service Centre number.
What can I expect when I report a repair?
The process will be the same no matter how you choose to report your repair – whether this is done online, by phone or in person.
We will need to know:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- All the repairs that need to be done;
- As much information as possible about the repair to help us to send the right trades operative or team to fix it (for example – which room or part of the house needs to be repaired and how the problem happened);
- Times when someone is usually at home (so that the workers can get access).
What happens after I report a repair?
When you report your repair we will tell you:
- If it is our responsibility or yours. You can find a list of responsibilities that are yours as the tenant and ours as the landlord here;
- How long it is likely to take to complete the repair;
- If we need to inspect the work, we will arrange an appointment. We will offer you a time within 3 working days or at a time that suits you;
- If there will be any delay in getting the repair carried out because of planned works or financial restraints;
- Whether or not the repair is a qualifying repair under the right to repair legislation.
After you report your repair:
- If you phone in your repair, we will confirm your appointment time on the call.
Don’t worry if you need to change the appointment. You can always contact us on 0800 011 3447 and change it if required.
If you have a mobile, you will –
- Receive a text directly after your contact with us confirming your appointment;
- Receive a text reminder 24 hours before your appointment (or a call from us on your landline) (except for emergency appointments);
- On the day of your appointment, you will receive a text notification when our trades operative is on his/her way to your home;
- Once your repair has been fully completed, we will send a final text message to say the works have been carried out as well as a reminder of what to do if you’re not completely satisfied.
Following every repair we will ask for your feedback with a short questionnaire.
- Once the works are complete, before leaving your home, our operatives will ask you to complete a short survey on their mobile devices – we always value your views on the repairs service so please take part in this. (Covid-19 restrictions dependent.)
How long will it take?
The details of your repair will be passed to our repairs team as soon as you report it.
Once the repairs appointment has been made, we will send you a text reminder telling you the date and time of your appointment.
Our repairs are split into two different types depending on how serious they are, emergency repairs and all other repairs:
These are the repairs which could be a risk to your health and safety or could lead to serious structural damage to your home or to a neighbour’s home. We will call and make these safe in 2.5 hours of you reporting the repair and we will aim to complete the full repair within 24 hours.
Examples of this kind of repair are loss of electricity or a blocked toilet (where there is no other toilet within the property).
All other repairs
Follow on next day/flexible repairs
If you report an emergency repair, we will attend and make safe within 2.5 hours as described above. We will then offer a next day or flexible appointment within 7 days for any follow-on emergency repair works.
Non-emergency routine appointed repairs
If there is no health and safety risk, but something in your home needs fixing because it’s causing an inconvenience, it will be classed as a routine non-emergency appointed repair.
All appointments will be offered within 15 days.
Day-to-day repairs which are our responsibility, but are not either emergency or routine appointed repairs, will be classed as programmed or planned repairs.
We will attend to complete these within 30 days. Usually these repairs are more complex and require a pre-inspection to decide what work and materials are needed. We will offer you an appointment if the repair reported is inside your home. We will not usually require access for external repairs.