All Enquiries (including emergencies) 0800 011 3447
Hardship loan fund My Rent Modern Slavery Statement Accessibility Statement Terms and Conditions Understanding your fuse box What to do if you have a burst pipe How to deal with condensation How to unblock a sink What to do if your central heating isn’t working MyRepairs Videos Privacy Notice Avoiding scams: useful advice during Coronavirus Talk to Us Fuel Advice EatWell Extra Support Coronavirus Advice – Alternative Formats Universal Credit – Changes to rent Coronavirus DGHP Board Member Recruitment Board Papers Publication Scheme Freedom of Information Environmental Information Guide to Information Links Two Child Limit and Benefits Social Security Scotland Pension Credit Board Meeting Minutes Changes to Your Tenancy Rights Privacy Policy Customer Service Commitments Customer Service Health and Safety in Your Home Volunteer Opportunities Rent and Benefits Voting Volunteering Veterans TV Licence Supported Housing National Insurance Money Advice Motability scheme Mail Redirection Libraries Joint Service Housing Home Insurance Household Bills Housing Homeless Service Furniture Funding and Grants Freecycle Employment Electoral Registration Education Driving License Health Council Tax Community Transport Citizens Advice Civvy Street Charities Carer Support Cadet Forces Budgeting Blue Badges Bin Collection Benefits Advice Antisocial Behavior Aids and adaptations New Tenants Help Downloads Contract opportunities Self service portal Right to repair Planned repairs Neighbourhood management Antisocial behaviour Rent first Novantie – About How to apply Recruitment New Supply Shared Equity Armed Forces Policy Homelessness Applying for Housing Consultations Complaints guidance Surveys Complaints Compliments & Suggestions Available Homes To Let Taking in a lodger? Disability Living Allowance Benefit Cap Universal Credit Council Tax Benefit Under Occupation Charge (“Bedroom Tax”) What are the welfare benefits changes? Welfare benefits changes SHQS Aids and Adaptations Wider Action Factoring Development Regeneration Investment Home Contents Insurance Supported housing Community Participation – Getting Involved with DGHP Rent arrears Housing benefit Paying your rent Rents Exchanges Ending your tenancy Applying for housing Property letting Our contractors Annual servicing Who repairs what? Repairs Tenant Services Private Tenancies Locations Tenant census Have Your Say New Customers Join DGHP Business Plan Our management team Our Board What we do Neighbourhood Managers Find My Officer Repairs Contact DGHP Board & DMC Members Latest News Services About DGHP Home
Board Members

Grierson House
The Crichton
Bankend Road
Dumfries, DG1 4ZS

0800 011 3447
(free from mobile networks)
01387 242 509 (Fax)

DGHP Facebook link

We understand it’s a really challenging time for everyone.

Don’t worry, we’re here for you.

If you are worried about your rent, TALK TO US NOW.

Don’t wait until it’s too late. We’re here to help. Your housing officer has a range of support services to get you back on track – from our EatWell and fuel advice services to help with welfare benefits and Universal Credit.

There are three easy ways to pay your rent:

  • Direct Debit  Direct Debit is DGHP’s preferred payment and easy to set up.

Once you have set up a Direct Debit, your payment will come off your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you. If you don’t have a bank account, we can help you get one.

Set up a Direct Debit using a My Account online account or call us on 0800 011 3447.

  • My Account – an online account is a quick and easy way to pay online, view your balance, recent charges and payments.
  • Phone – Call us for free 8am-7pm Monday – Friday on 0800 011 3447 to pay by debit or credit card and ask us about arranging a recurring card payment.

Other ways to Pay Your Rent include:

  • Standing order

Set up a standing order with your bank.

  • Post Office

Pay at the Post Office with a DGHP rent payment card (Homecard).

  • PayPoint

Pay at any shop that displays the PayPoint sign.

  • Housing Benefit

If you receive full housing benefit, your rent is likely to be paid by Dumfries and Galloway Council. If you receive partial housing benefit, you are responsible for paying the rest.

The UK Government’s Welfare Reform changes, will, over time, replace Housing Benefit with Universal Credit. Speak to your housing officer if you need

any advice.

  • Universal Credit

If you receive Universal Credit it is your responsibility to claim the Housing Costs as part of your Universal Credit claim and ensure that your rent is paid directly to DGHP. You will be responsible for any shortfalls.

When is my rent due?

Rent is due every week payable in advance by you on or before the first day of each rental period. You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly, or monthly in advance. It’s up to you.

Our rent calendar shows you when rent is due.



Looking for more information?

Get in touch with DGHP today.

Contact Us
Cookie Policy reveal lock logo
This site uses cookies.
Read our privacy policy

This site uses necessary cookies to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

This site also uses optional cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. Google Analytics cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. Optional cookies are anonymous and will not identify you. We won’t set optional cookies unless you enable them using the tool below.

For more information on how cookies work please see our ‘Privacy Policy page’.