All Enquiries (including emergencies) 0800 011 3447
Hardship loan fund My Rent Modern Slavery Statement Accessibility Statement Terms and Conditions Understanding your fuse box What to do if you have a burst pipe How to deal with condensation How to unblock a sink What to do if your central heating isn’t working MyRepairs Videos Privacy Notice Avoiding scams: useful advice during Coronavirus Talk to Us Fuel Advice EatWell Extra Support Coronavirus Advice – Alternative Formats Universal Credit – Changes to rent Coronavirus DGHP Board Member Recruitment Board Papers Publication Scheme Freedom of Information Environmental Information Guide to Information Links Two Child Limit and Benefits Social Security Scotland Pension Credit Board Meeting Minutes Changes to Your Tenancy Rights Privacy Policy Customer Service Commitments Customer Service Health and Safety in Your Home Volunteer Opportunities Rent and Benefits Voting Volunteering Veterans TV Licence Supported Housing National Insurance Money Advice Motability scheme Mail Redirection Libraries Joint Service Housing Home Insurance Household Bills Housing Homeless Service Furniture Funding and Grants Freecycle Employment Electoral Registration Education Driving License Health Council Tax Community Transport Citizens Advice Civvy Street Charities Carer Support Cadet Forces Budgeting Blue Badges Bin Collection Benefits Advice Antisocial Behavior Aids and adaptations New Tenants Help Downloads Contract opportunities Self service portal Right to repair Planned repairs Neighbourhood management Antisocial behaviour Rent first Novantie – About How to apply Recruitment New Supply Shared Equity Armed Forces Policy Homelessness Applying for Housing Consultations Complaints guidance Surveys Complaints Compliments & Suggestions Available Homes To Let Taking in a lodger? Disability Living Allowance Benefit Cap Universal Credit Council Tax Benefit Under Occupation Charge (“Bedroom Tax”) What are the welfare benefits changes? Welfare benefits changes SHQS Aids and Adaptations Wider Action Factoring Development Regeneration Investment Home Contents Insurance Supported housing Community Participation – Getting Involved with DGHP Rent arrears Housing benefit Paying your rent Rents Exchanges Ending your tenancy Applying for housing Property letting Our contractors Annual servicing Who repairs what? Repairs Tenant Services Private Tenancies Locations Tenant census Have Your Say New Customers Join DGHP Business Plan Our management team Our Board What we do Neighbourhood Managers Find My Officer Repairs Contact DGHP Board & DMC Members Latest News Services About DGHP Home
Board Members

Grierson House
The Crichton
Bankend Road
Dumfries, DG1 4ZS

0800 011 3447
(free from mobile networks)
01387 242 509 (Fax)

DGHP Facebook link

Antisocial behaviour

We all have the right to live peacefully in our home and we all have a responsibility to be a good neighbour to others. And while we all want to get along with each other, it’s not always easy. The pressures of modern day life mean we all have our ‘off’ days and we need to make a special effort to get along. Being antisocial, causing trouble or bothering our neighbours can stop them from enjoying their home.

DGHP is committed to dealing with neighbour disputes, antisocial behaviour and harassment to ensure that all tenants enjoy their right to peace, quiet and security in their homes.  DGHP has a dedicated antisocial behaviour team responsible for all prevention measures and the investigation and enforcement of all serious cases of ASB.

We have a policy for dealing with ASB and a procedure for investigating complaints, ensuring that we deal with them appropriately and within agreed timescales and monitor them effectively which can be found here.

I’m being affected – what should I do?

If you are being affected by antisocial behaviour or harassment, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 011 3447 where a Customer Advisor will talk to you about your complaint and tell you what we can do to deal with it.

Dumfries and Galloway Council will provide support and assistance to local residents who are victims of harassment, antisocial behaviour and noise nuisances and where necessary, take appropriate actions alongside other agencies such as the police.

The Antisocial Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004 encourages organisations to work together to tackle antisocial behaviour. This means that it is now easier for communities and individuals to seek advice and support.

In Dumfries and Galloway we treat all complaints of unreasonable or antisocial behaviour very seriously. The Council’s service is available on 0800 027 6567.

<< Back to New Tenants Help


Looking for more information?

Get in touch with DGHP today.

Contact Us
Cookie Policy reveal lock logo
This site uses cookies.
Read our privacy policy

This site uses necessary cookies to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

This site also uses optional cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. Google Analytics cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. Optional cookies are anonymous and will not identify you. We won’t set optional cookies unless you enable them using the tool below.

For more information on how cookies work please see our ‘Privacy Policy page’.