DGHP aims to assist Armed Forces personnel who have recently left or who are due to leave the Armed Forces if as applicants, they meet the following criteria:
- An applicant is serving with one of the recognised Ministry of Defence Armed Forces, with less than one full year to honourable discharge;
- An applicant has been discharged from one of the Armed Forces within the previous 6 months of applying for housing;
- An applicant has a local connection to Dumfries and Galloway;
- An applicant has completed at least a three year fixed term contract or has been/or is about to be discharged on medical grounds;
- An applicant is the surviving spouse/partner or a non-dependent child (aged 16 years or above) of a deceased Forces Personnel (either serving or served within the past six months)
Armed forces personnel leaving service who meet the above criteria will receive 75 points in support of their application.
If you are leaving any of the MoD Armed Forces, click here for advice on where you can access help and support in Dumfries and Galloway.