All Enquiries (including emergencies) 0800 011 3447
Hardship loan fund My Rent Modern Slavery Statement Accessibility Statement Terms and Conditions Understanding your fuse box What to do if you have a burst pipe How to deal with condensation How to unblock a sink What to do if your central heating isn’t working MyRepairs Videos Privacy Notice Avoiding scams: useful advice during Coronavirus Talk to Us Fuel Advice EatWell Extra Support Coronavirus Advice – Alternative Formats Universal Credit – Changes to rent Coronavirus DGHP Board Member Recruitment Board Papers Publication Scheme Freedom of Information Environmental Information Guide to Information Links Two Child Limit and Benefits Social Security Scotland Pension Credit Board Meeting Minutes Changes to Your Tenancy Rights Privacy Policy Customer Service Commitments Customer Service Health and Safety in Your Home Volunteer Opportunities Rent and Benefits Voting Volunteering Veterans TV Licence Supported Housing National Insurance Money Advice Motability scheme Mail Redirection Libraries Joint Service Housing Home Insurance Household Bills Housing Homeless Service Furniture Funding and Grants Freecycle Employment Electoral Registration Education Driving License Health Council Tax Community Transport Citizens Advice Civvy Street Charities Carer Support Cadet Forces Budgeting Blue Badges Bin Collection Benefits Advice Antisocial Behavior Aids and adaptations New Tenants Help Downloads Contract opportunities Self service portal Right to repair Planned repairs Neighbourhood management Antisocial behaviour Rent first Novantie – About How to apply Recruitment New Supply Shared Equity Armed Forces Policy Homelessness Applying for Housing Consultations Complaints guidance Surveys Complaints Compliments & Suggestions Available Homes To Let Taking in a lodger? Disability Living Allowance Benefit Cap Universal Credit Council Tax Benefit Under Occupation Charge (“Bedroom Tax”) What are the welfare benefits changes? Welfare benefits changes SHQS Aids and Adaptations Wider Action Factoring Development Regeneration Investment Home Contents Insurance Supported housing Community Participation – Getting Involved with DGHP Rent arrears Housing benefit Paying your rent Rents Exchanges Ending your tenancy Applying for housing Property letting Our contractors Annual servicing Who repairs what? Repairs Tenant Services Private Tenancies Locations Tenant census Have Your Say New Customers Join DGHP Business Plan Our management team Our Board What we do Neighbourhood Managers Find My Officer Repairs Contact DGHP Board & DMC Members Latest News Services About DGHP Home
Board Members

Grierson House
The Crichton
Bankend Road
Dumfries, DG1 4ZS

0800 011 3447
(free from mobile networks)
01387 242 509 (Fax)

DGHP Facebook link

Need a bit of extra financial support? Help is available. Check to see if you are eligible to apply for the following –

Discretionary Housing Payment

A Discretionary Housing Payment is for tenants who get Housing Benefit or Universal Credit (housing element) but need extra help to pay their rent.

Funds from the Scottish Government helps tenants deal with welfare changes and covers the cost of the Bedroom Tax (Removal of the Spare Room Subsidy).

If you get Universal Credits you have to make a separate application to your local authority. Find out more at Discretionary Housing Payment Fund.

Council Tax Reduction Scheme

The Council Tax Reduction Scheme cuts your Council Tax bill if you are out of work or on a low income. The amount you get depends on your income and circumstances.

You can also claim Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions.

Scottish Welfare Fund

The Scottish Welfare Fund is a scheme run by local authorities. The grants don’t have to be repaid.

Crisis Grants

Crisis Grants are for people who need help because of a disaster or an emergency. It could be a fire or a flood, or if your money is stolen or benefits stopped.

Community Care Grants

Community Care Grants helps people who face going into care unless they get support to stay at home.

It also helps:

  • a person leaving care and needing help to set up their own home
  • families urgently needing one-off items, for example a cooker or a washing machine.

You’ll hear back within 15 days of applying for a grant. You can also call 0141 276 1177 to apply or visit Community Care Grant application.

Winter Fuel Payment

Winter Fuel Payment is a payment made each year to help with heating costs for homes that include someone born before 6 May 1953.

Cold Weather Payment

Cold Weather Payments are made to certain groups when the weather is very cold.

You could get an extra £25 a week when the average temperature has been, or is expected to be, 0ºC (32ºF) or below for seven days in a row.

Warm Home Discount

If you receive Pension Credit, or you’re on a low income, you may get a Warm Home Discount. This is money taken off your electricity bill by your energy supplier.

Still unsure? We are here to help – get in touch on freephone 0800 011 3447.


Looking for more information?

Get in touch with DGHP today.

Contact Us
Cookie Policy reveal lock logo
This site uses cookies.
Read our privacy policy

This site uses necessary cookies to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

This site also uses optional cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. Google Analytics cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. Optional cookies are anonymous and will not identify you. We won’t set optional cookies unless you enable them using the tool below.

For more information on how cookies work please see our ‘Privacy Policy page’.